Featured Post

Three hearts. Three souls.

He’s hot. He’s young. He’s bad. And Sal Raniero can’t keep his ass out of trouble. He’s spent months learning to keep cli...

Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Quilt

I started quilting well technically I started sewing back in June 2012. I watch HSN a lot in the middle of the night I find it therapeutic - not that I necessarily buy anything, sometimes I do and I have never regretted it once but I am not one of those addicted people - so anywho they have this Singer Anniversary black edition and for some reason I fell head-over-heals in love with it. I never really sewed. My maternal Grandmother was an excellent seamstress, my Mother quilts (some, we are not talking six quilts a year) and I well, I took home ec and even amongst the class of half boys/half girls - I got the lowest grade in the class on my apron. 

So my machine gets here and I am going to make a fucking apron cause well, ya. And I very much wanted it to be layer upon layer of fabric. It's really a darling apron (tutu) though it doesn't stand up that much
The point is : get out of the comfort zone!
I used to write a lot of poetry. And short stories (romance, aka smut). And now I have pulled the fantasy with a touch of sci-fi beast out of me. Go someplace you have never been. Go out on that "proverbial" limb! You may find you like it more! And me, oh I am a very addicted quilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.